Thursday, May 13, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...



A few days ago, Newsday announced my election to the Garden City Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. My phone has been ringing off the hook with congratulations. Aside from the congratulatory wishes, I have also been getting calls from my clients.

Nassau clients are asking if their taxes are being reduced as a result of our January protest filing. Unfortunately, it is too soon to tell. Suffolk clients are asking if I can lower their taxes by the May 18, 2010 grievance filing deadline. Unfortunately, we cannot lower the taxes before the filing deadline because we have to give Suffolk Assessors a chance to review the grievance applications. Suffolk assessments have stayed fairly consistent, despite numerous foreclosures. Against all common sense, many of the Southampton assessments have been greatly increased.

Luckily, I have a great staff working full throttle during this busy tax system to meet everyone’s needs. The only thing more I can ask for is the weather to hold out for golf this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment